What Is 360° feedback?
360° feedback is feedback that comes from the combined perspective of direct reports, peers and managers as well as the leader self-assessment. In some cases it can also include feedback from external sources, such as customers and vendors. The raters comment about the leader’s communication, team work, and leadership and management skills. Successful 360s are not used for performance review or appraisal–performance reviews are about the job an employee is doing. The purpose of the 360° feedback should be to encourage and support the development of excellent leadership within the organization. The 360° review from combined perspectives helps to provide a clear picture for the employee about their behavior, impact and interpersonal relationships. They are an effective tool to hone professional skills and focus on developing leaders by giving them insights into how others see them.
Continue reading →
Once the Key Project Team Roles have been identified it is now time to go to Phase II of the process: Five Phases of Implementation.
Take a moment to review the Five Phases of the Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders Implementation Process.
Clarify the purpose, scope and timeline; identify and meet with project team members
Announce the program to the organization and notify leaders and raters who will be participating
Assign access codes using an EPIC Account for the 363-assessment process, follow-up to ensure completion, and generate reports
Meet with leaders to process feedback, create action plans, and schedule follow-up
Meet with project team to review program results, identify opportunities for improvements, and plan next steps
While every organization has a different process for initiating and delivering a 360-feedback program, our work-flow materials assume that the formal process for using Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders within your organization has been approved, and you’re ready to take the steps necessary for a successful implementation.
First, take a moment to review the Key Project Team Roles of the Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders Implementation Process.
PROJECT TEAM ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executive Sponsor has the authority to implement and champion Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders within the organization.
- Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution of Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders. The Program Manager works with participants and the project team to ensure that all parties have the information and resources they need.
- EPIC Administrator is responsible for the EPIC Account (to most efficient way to issue 363s and have FREE unlimited raters) process from start to finish.
- Coach provides leaders with their 363 feedback, answers their questions, helps them create action plans, and follows up to ensure that learning takes place. We recommend that trained coaches, either internal or external, be used unless managers have been trained in the coaching process.
An Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders Profile is unique from our other products because it uses assessment results from many respondents to produce a 360-feedback profile for one individual – a Leader. In addition to feedback on current leadership behavior, the profile also provides the leader with three personalized strategies for improving leadership effectiveness.
The Leader is given an online assessment which takes 20-30 minutes to complete.
The assessment is in Two Parts:
- a 79-item DiSC assessment – showing DiSC behavior results
- a 72-item Leadership Behavior section – about how he or she as a leader tends to lead.
Continue reading →
Finally, a 360° for DiSC users. But the Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders isn’t just any 360. It combines the beat of 360s with the simplicity and power of DiSC, plus 3 personalized strategies (thus the name 363) for improving leadership effectiveness. The result is a 360° experience that’s more productive and satisfying.
SO HOW IS THE 363 SO DIFFERENT?
First, we took the sting out of 360 feedback.
For many leaders, 360s can be a frustrating experience. Open-ended comments can be unfocused and unhelpful and can even derail the learning process. With our exclusive selectable comments feature, CommentSmart, raters can give focused, balanced, constructive feedback—that the leader can actually use.
Then, we made it easier to understand and use.
Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders isn’t a collection of dry spreadsheets and charts without any explanation or story. Clear visuals and a conversational narrative style interpret and explain the data, making the report easy to understand and use.
Continue reading →