Successful team members don’t do the same thing at the same time. They do the right thing at the right time. The Team Dimensions 2.0 Profile helps individuals work from their strengths by identifying their most natural team role, while giving them added appreciation for the contributions of others.
Discover the Right Roles for the Right People for Team Development
The Team Dimensions 2.0 Profile identifies the following five team roles:
- Creators generate new ideas and fresh concepts.
- Advancers communicate new ideas and carry them forward.
- Refiners analyze ideas for flaws or revise projects systematically.
- Executors deliver concrete results and seek successful implementations.
- Flexers have an equal preference for most or all of the roles and can often adapt their styles to fit the team’s needs.
“Z PROCESS” Keeps Teams Moving in the Right Direction
The Team Dimensions 2.0 Profile maps the flow of assigning roles, completing tasks, and handing off tasks to other team members through the “Z Process.”
In this relay process, tasks are passed from Creators to Advancers, from Advancers to Refiners, and from Refiners to Executors. Flexers fill in the gaps to keep the process moving forward.
To Capitalize on Individual Strengths for Total Team Performance
As organizations rely more on teams to innovate, problem-solve, produce, and compete at the speed of change, understanding and capitalizing on individual approaches to group processes is key to creating high-performance teams. Use the Team Dimensions 2.0 Profile to:
- Match individual strengths with team roles
- Build team unity
- Foster innovation
- Shorten project cycle time
- Reduce conflict