In addition to the four approaches there are Four Basic Roles identified in the Team Dimensions 2.0 Profile:
- Creator – The Conceptual and Spontaneous Approaches combine to form the Creator role. The Creator generates fresh, original, out-of-the-box concepts and ideas in ways that defy generally accepted structures or rules. The Creator perceives “the big picture.”
- Advancer – The Spontaneous and Normative Approaches combine to form the Advancer role. The Advancer recognizes ideas and new directions in the early stages and develops ways to promote them. The Advancer uses insightful planning based on past experiences and proven methods to advance ideas towards implementation.
- Refiner – The Conceptual and Methodical Approaches combine to form the Refiner role. The Refiner challenges concepts, often playing the devil’s advocate. Using a methodical process to analyze things in an orderly manner, the Refiner will detect flaws, identify potential problems, and suggest alternative solutions.
- Executor – The Methodical and Normative Approaches combine to form the Executor role. The Executor lays the groundwork for implementation, ensuring that the process moves forward in an orderly manner to achieve high-quality results.
A fifth role, the Flexer, appears when an individual uses a combination of all four innovative approaches.
- Flexer – The Flexer monitors the contributions of all team members and steps in to fill gaps in the team during the various stages of the process.
This information helps team development and the creation of a stronger and more cohesive team.